Here are a few suggestions that may motivate your children to be more active:
- Limit television to two hours a day and take evening walks or bike rides as a family.
- Encourage your children to walk their pet, do yard work and other chores around the home.
- Buy toys that keep your children active.
- If the weather is keeping you inside do an exerices video together.
- Instead of driving your children to the neighbors home, have them ride their bike or walk.
- Plan an activity to go swim, bowl, play volleyball or visit a local gym.
- Organize a play group with your friends.
- Encourage your children to participate in team sports or learn a new skill.
Helping your children find their strengths and encouraging them to develope them to their full potential, will bring life long benefits to their well-being. Set those goals together!
Happy New Year!